Monday, May 28, 2012

Opportunity






This week's topic over at The Gypsy Mama for 5 Minute Friday is Opportunity.

Begin 5 Minutes.

Today as I looked at my daughter's hands while she was washing them in the sink, I realized the opportunity in the moment.  I have the opportunity to love my children.  I have the opportunity to be with them while they are small and pour into their lives.  I have the opportunity to be the mama God created me to be.  What a great opportunity. 

I want to choose to live every day on purpose making the most of the opportunity.  Sometimes I get distracted with things that aren't important.  But then I have moments that seem extremely insignificant, like washing hands, and I am jolting back into the importance of the moment and the opportunity.

One day her hands will be big.  They grow everyday.  It is something we are so unaware of, but it is speedy, and it makes me sad and happy at the same time. 

So, I must make the most of each opportunity.  Watching them grow, loving them, and holding that little hand, until it is grown and no longer needs help in the sink; that is my opportunity for today.

End 5 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment