Friday, June 1, 2012

Seeing Colors Our World





On Fridays, I participate in 5 minute Fridays at The Gypsy Mama.

Begin 5 minutes.

The way we see colors everything.  Whatever comes in your eye gate affects your perception of the world.  I think Jesus said the eye is the light of the body, or something along those lines.  From what we read, to the movies we watch, to what we cast our eyes on even on facebook.  We are bombarded with images we see on a daily basis, and it affects how we see.

I have a very vivid imagination.  I don’t want to see certain things, because I know those images will be forever ingrained in my brain, unless the grace of God erases them.  So, I am careful what I look at.  I have been flipping through the channels before and have seen things I never wanted to see, and then I have to overcome and get those images out of my brain.

It affects our relationships too.  If you see things that are unhealthy, it can jade how you interact with other people.  I think that is why Jesus warned us about what we allowed to come into our eyes.  I have heard so many people say, “I can watch this.  It doesn’t bother me.”  Well, I am not one of those people.  I can watch things and it totally affects my mind and heart.

I remember the first time I saw Titanic.  It moved me so much I was upset for like a week.  All because I chose to go to “see” this movie.

End of 5 minutes.
(P.S.  I talked mostly about the negative aspect of this.  But it works the other way too.  When I go outside and see the flowers, my spirit is lifted.  When I see my children, my heart swells.  When I keep my eyes on Jesus, my heart is peaceful.)

2 comments:

  1. You're so right. Images are profound and can affect us greatly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you connect your imagination and the things that you see! I also have to be careful of what I see since it tends to stick with me too!

    ReplyDelete