Monday, November 21, 2022

Five Minute Friday-Laugh

Photo by Pro Church Media on Unsplash

Today I am participating in Five Minute Friday, where a group of writers get together and free write about a one word prompt for 5 minutes. Today's word is "laugh." 

Begin.

Laugh. There is so much to laugh about and so much to be thankful for. So much joy. I can look around me and here in this moment I can smile. I have family and a warm place to live. 

My drink is hot and tasty this morning-turmeric, black pepper, cinnamon, ginger and oat milk. It has become my new morning drink, and is especially nice since it turned cold.

I can see my fabrics I have bought and cut already to make Christmas pillowcases. I have been thinking a lot lately about what makes me happy, nostalgia mostly.

 I need that warmth right now because this is my Christmas without my mother. She died this year. I know where she is, that she is with Jesus. She is getting to spend her first Christmas with the King of Kings and is the reason we even celebrate Christmas.

I know she is laughing in Heaven. I know she is smiling and full of joy. I can see her in my mind and I imagine she is very young and beautiful, and is rejoicing with her King. 




4 comments:

  1. I have an inkling of what you're feeling as you miss your mom -- this will be my mom's third Christmas in heaven. I can only imagine their joy in being with the One that our celebration is all about!

    Your morning beverage sounds good (can you share ingredient proportions for your recipe). I also love to sew. The idea of making pillowcases sounds like a fun project. I just might try to find a pattern and tutorial and give it a whirl myself.
    ~ Cindie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cindie! Yes, I try and meditate on what life is like for her now. She is no longer sad, but only full of joy! I am not good at measuring when I cook or bake or make my morning drink. Ha ha! I usually just put maybe a 1/4 of a tsp of turmeric, and little slice of fresh ginger, a couple of fresh cloves, a dash of cinnamon and a dash of pepper. I then pour hot water over it and add a little oat milk. You could also use coconut milk or even cow's milk if you prefer. It's kind of a messy drink, but it's warm and comforting, and also healthy. Let me know if you decide to make some pillowcases!! There are some easy DIY videos on Youtube. I use one that teaches how to make the pillowcase by making a tube out of the fabric and sewing it that way.

      Delete
  2. Yes, thank you. There is a lot to laugh about! Blessings on your Christmas, maybe God give you little reminders that you are not alone. (FMF#11)

    ReplyDelete