Wednesday, September 11, 2024

You Have a Purpose

 




Photo by dylan nolte on Unsplash


God has a specific purpose for you.

Do you ever wonder who you are supposed to be? Or why you are here? I have wrestled with this a lot, and probably spent much unnecessary time worrying about it.

Once I was watching a cartoon with my children. I do that occasionally or I might not ever get to watch a show. The cartoon had different animals and they were having a sports "field day." It came time for the long jump event. There were several participants, including a frog. Naturally the frog won that event. She had long legs and was made to jump and could jump long distances.

Watching this made me start thinking about God's creation.

Everything He had created was fashioned with a purpose in mind. The frog was made to jump. The horse was made to run. The rooster was made to crow. Clouds are made to deliver rain. Snow is meant to blanket the earth in preparation for new life to grow.

If part of God's creation is fashioned with purpose, should we, men and women, created in His image and likeness be any different?

In the book of Jeremiah, God tells Jeremiah:

"I knew you before I formed you in your mother's womb. Before you were born I set you apart and appointed you as my prophet to the nations."-Jeremiah 1:5

So, we can infer from this passage that God is the one who forms us, and He has a plan when He does it. Not one person is a mistake. They are all created by a loving God with a special plan in
mind.


Like
Comment
Send

No comments:

Post a Comment