Friday, August 25, 2023

Five Minute Friday: Replace



Today I am participating in Five Minute Friday, where a group of writers get together and free write about a one word prompt for 5 minutes. Today's word is "replace."

Replace. It means to exchange one thing for another. Sometimes it can be positive and sometimes it can be negative.

Paul tells us in Romans 12:2 to "be transformed by the renewing of your mind To me that would suggest a replacement. We have to exchange our thoughts for God's thoughts. There is a replacement of old thoughts taking place with new ones coming in.

I personally need this very badly. I often find my thoughts trailing off, and I have to reel it back in by spending time in God's Word. This is important so I can see myself as God sees me, not as others see me.

People they only see what they are looking at on the outside at the moment. My external features are not who I am on the inside. I am who God says I am.

So, daily I have to replace not only my perceptions of myself with my thoughts trailing off, but I often have to replace what others things of me as well. Going to God's Word brings truth and light about me.

There is a Scripture that says judge no one after the flesh. 

So from now on we regard no one according to the flesh. Although we once regarded Christ in this way, we do so no longer.-2 Corinthians 5:16 (BSB)

I know that is difficult for me to do with others, and I am sure that is difficult for others to do with me. (Sometimes I just want to lead with my flaws so people know what they are getting into.)


However, God wants what Paul said in 2 Corinthians. He wants me, and others, to replace our thoughts about ourselves and each other, with the view through Christ.

Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away. Behold, the new has come!- 2 Corinthians 5:17 (BSB)


Replace.

4 comments:

  1. I don't care how others see me,
    whether approbation or dislike.
    Really, that reality,
    is that they can take a hike
    to the end of a short pier,
    and then just jump on in,
    and I'll kick back with a cold beer
    to see how well they swim.
    I had chased their admiration
    down the anxious boring years
    until I reached vexation,
    and put away rejection-fears
    to live as few would understand
    in the palm of God's great hand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love this Andrew! Thank you so much for stopping by and sharing your words. They blessed me today.

      Delete
  2. replacing my faulty thoughts with the thought patterns God wants me to have is a daily challenge! Good lessons here. Visiting from FMF#8 today

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes ma'am! Peter said, "Therefore I intend always to remind you of these qualities, though you know them and are established in the truth that you have." 2 Peter 1:12 (ESV)

      Delete