Wednesday, December 15, 2021

Five Minute Friday: Behold

 



Today I am participating in Five Minute Friday, where a group of writers get together and free write about a one word prompt for 5 minutes. Today's word is "behold."


Behold what love the Father has given to us, that we should be called children of God--and we are!-1 John 3:1

Behold! When I looked it up in the Greek, it means “to see, perceive, attend to.”

Recently, someone hurt my feelings. I am not sure if they meant what they said the way I took it. It’s hard to communicate appropriately through technology. But still, I was bothered by it. I could still sense the tone, and it seemed short and curt.

A few years ago, this would have completely wrecked me for a while. I am still a little upset, but I will be okay. Why? I think it’s truly because of the verse above.

I am a child of God. I put my faith in that, not in other people’s opinions of me. I love people and want them to think the best of me, but ultimately, when it comes down to it, they don’t direct my life. Their thoughts of me don’t direct my life. God does.

If people knock me down with their words, so to speak, or attitudes toward me, I just get back up, and move forward knowing whose I am, and what I am called to do.

I am a child of God. And with that comes many privileges. Jesus purchased me with his blood, which means I am of great value to Him. And he has given me authority to act and speak in His name.

Behold. Today, child of God, behold your ancestry. Know to whom you belong, and you can smile and move forward because you are loved by the King of Kings.

4 comments: