Friday, March 12, 2021

A Foundation of Grace: Reigning in Life




For if, by the trespass of the one man, death reigned through that one man, how much more will those who receive an abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness reign in life through the one man, Jesus Christ!
-Romans 5:17
(Berean Study Bible)

I gave up so many times when I first came back to Jesus. I knew that He was drawing me to himself, but when I went to church I never felt like I could behave well enough. I still had stuff (plural) in my life that I was struggling with. I was having a very hard time in my flesh letting go of some of the things, even though I would pray, Lord please take these desires away. I had little understanding of the grace or the free gift of righteousness. It was actually what drew me to Jesus, but I felt like once I was in, I couldn't keep it together, because I thought it was all up to me.

Did you know that it is an abundance of grace that sets people free in every situation? I see people talk about cheap grace, or greasy grace, but it wasn't cheap because Jesus paid for it already. For you.

Maybe we aren't seeing results in so many areas, areas where we are questioning, because we aren't receiving or sharing the abundant grace of Jesus. Because people keep saying things like cheap grace and greasy grace, so people back away.

That would be a good question to ask ourselves. The Bible, in Romans 5:17 says it is abundance of grace that causes people to reign.

You don't get to choose or modify what the Scripture says because you want somebody to act different.

When we read the Gospels, we can see what that would look like with Jesus. People living the worst lifestyles freely and fearlessly came to Him.

Lord, help us to preach this more. Less condemnation. More grace. And help us to receive more grace as well.


To read more in the series, please join me here, at A Foundation of Grace.





No comments:

Post a Comment