Sunday, July 5, 2020

Five Minute Friday: People



Today I am participating in Five Minute Friday, where a group of writers get together and free write about a one word prompt for 5 minutes. Today's word is "people."


People are the only thing you can take to Heaven with you.


When my brother died, it completely changed my world permanently.  Heaven became a whole lot more real.  


But, did Scott go to Heaven some might ask?  Well, I feel like God talked to me a lot that week, so I believe he did.


His life was not on par with what you would have expected a Christian life to look like.  He drank a lot.  And was in some serious emotional pain.


I have never told this story publicly, but at his funeral, my Uncle Mike was preaching.  And he said “When Scott was 8 years old, he made a profession of faith at," and then named a local Baptist church.”  I remember that moment just being sealed in time. I looked at my mom, and she looked at me, both with expressions like, “what???” on our faces.


Later I asked my uncle where he got that information from, and he said, “well, you.” I did not tell him that. I had completely forgotten.

So, I know it was the Lord trying to bring comfort to our family.

Is the Lord interested in our comfort? Is he interested in comforting the grieving? Yes, I believe He is.

Another thing, and the most important thing to take away from this, is the blood of Jesus efficacious enough to seal us for all time?

There are many scriptures that would support this.

Hebrews 9:12 says,

He did not enter by the blood of goats and calves, but He entered the Most Holy Place once for all by His own blood, thus securing eternal redemption.

I believe I will see my brother again one day. Because I trust Jesus, and what He did.

Ever since that day, I have become completely more aware of people. And of heaven.

People are the only thing you can to Heaven with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment