Monday, October 1, 2018

A Foundation of Grace





Earlier this year, I felt like the Holy Spirit impressed on me that some pilings were going to be added into my life. A piling is a tall vertical structure made of wood, steel, or concrete, that is put into the ground to give support to a structure. It is part of a foundation that is deep.

About a month or so ago, I got the above image. I felt like God gave it to me as part of what been taking place in my life, and as part of what I am going to write about with this writing challenge I am participating in, Write 31 Days.

John 1:17 says,

For the law was given through Moses, but grace and truth came through Jesus Christ.
Grace came through Jesus. It came through the Son of God, born as a man, to all of humanity.

In her book, Unveiling Jesus, Tricia Gunn says in Chapter 2 on Grace and Truth vs. Religion, "You see grace isn't a topic! Grace is Jesus. Grace is everything. Grace is the foundation for every teaching and every subject!"

1 Corinthians 3:11 says,

For no other foundation can anyone lay than that which is laid, which is Jesus Christ.
So, we are going to spend the next 30 days exploring this foundation, A Foundation of Grace, which is actually the person of our Jesus. We are going to explore the stories of His life and ministry and this amazing grace that came with Him. We are going to talk about what the love of God looks like and how that is connected to grace. I hope you will join me.


Day 1: A Foundation of Grace

Day 13: Reigning in Life
Day 14: Moses, Joshua, and Jesus

To learn more about Write 31 Days, a writing challenge where writers all over take a topic and write about it consecutively for 31 days, please go here.

No comments:

Post a Comment