Friday, August 13, 2010

Patience

Proverbs 3:5-6
5 Trust in the Lord with all your heart;
do not depend on your own understanding.
6 Seek his will in all you do,
and he will show you which path to take.

James 1:4

And let patience have its perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, lacking in nothing.

Patience. Patience has been on my mind since I woke up this morning. I have had to have patience to write this blog. I had to have patience record notes to be able to sit down and write this blog. Patience. I had to have patience on my computer this morning to sit down and write this blog because it was going so slow.

There is a situation in my life that requires patience. Something new that is taking place between me and the Lord requires patience....and trust. I am not sure really what to do at this moment, because I was headlong barreling into something, but events have delayed my ambitions. So, I must be patient. And pray.

In pondering this particular situation I have some thoughts. I believe that so many things God has planned for us are missed because we don't have patience. I know He has good plans for me, (Jeremiah 29:11), but if I don't slow down and have patience, I will miss them.

My husband went Active Duty Army in December 2008. It has taken me from then until now to get used to the Army life. It is a different culture in a different city. Many things have happened along the way to "help" me get used to this life. I cannot say it has been easy. It has been one of the most difficult things ever. Not sure exactly why. He was on deployment with the National Guard before he went active duty, and was gone for a year and it was much easier. Maybe this has been a harder stint because I have been removed from my comfort zone. No family. No close friends. Nothing familiar. Everything is new. During deployment I was in a familiar place, with friends and family close by. It was familiar. This is not. New. Everything is new. I could have jumped ship many times. And have wanted to repeatedly from the moment we got here. BUT, I am glad I didn't. I am learning patience. I am learning that God has a bigger plan, than what I thought. If I didn't stay with Him, I would have missed out on growth, learning, challenges, and also patience.

One of the definitions for patience at dictionary.com, is "quiet, steady, perserverance." This is how I can only describe my experience in this new city, in this new place, in this new culture. I can look back now and realize that I must go through many things to ultimate reach God's purpose. And I know that I am not there yet. If any of you reading this know me from ten years ago, you can attest to the fact that where I started out is so unbelievably far from where I am now. It is amazing what God can do with a life if we have patience. I will continue to count on this...in my life and the life of my children. Well, I think that is all for now. I have to push the pause button again to go wash and cut an apple. Patience.

No comments:

Post a Comment