Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Nothing You Give to God is Ever Wasted



Nothing you ever give to God is wasted.

There was a lady whom God used greatly in my life when I first came back to the Lord in my early twenties. I would show up late to this little Baptist church in the foothills by myself for Sunday morning service and sit in the back. I don't know how many times I went to the altar during that time. (Only once was necessary.) I just felt so clean each time I went.

But there was a lady who sat on the opposite side of the church from me. I wonder how long it took her before she approached me. But she noticed me, by God's direction I am sure. And she became my friend. Even though she lived in the same town as me, she would mail me notes to encourage me. She would answer questions I had, and just loved on me. She gave me some Christian music one time. I don't even recall everything she did-I am sure there was more.

She was one of a list of people God used to keep me connected to Him. I was so fragile, I could still have gone either way at the time. And I actually did a few times. I didn't know who I was in Jesus. I was a new creation, but didn't know what that meant completely. I was in relationship with Him, but didn't understand how much He loved me yet. I am still growing in that.

That lady was pivotal in my life. She was so very important. Now, I endeavor to be that lady to others. And you can too. Never doubt the significance of the small seed you are planting in someone's life. You never know what they will become. But you can be sure of this, God is faithful to watch over that seed, and water it, and love it, so it grows into all that He meant it to be.

"I planted, Apollos watered, but God kept it growing."-1 Corinthians 3:6 (Berean Literal Bible)

"Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit,"-Matthew 28:19 (Berean Study Bible)




No comments:

Post a Comment