Monday, February 4, 2019

The Free Gift of Righteousness




I once had a pediatrician tell me that a good doctor will make you feel like a good parent. I am now convinced that a good minister will make you feel like the righteousness of God in Christ. You are already forgiven. You still have to believe it and receive it. A good minister will tell you the truth. What is the truth? The truth is not some way to justify hardness towards people. The truth is Jesus.

It's important what you believe about yourself, because you will live out whatever you believe. If you believe you are a sinner, you will act that out, or give up. But if you believe God has made you righteous, that will come to life in you as well.

"For God was in Christ, reconciling the world to himself, no longer counting people's sins against them. And he gave us this wonderful message of reconciliation."-2 Corinthians 5:19

"I am the way, the truth, and the life."-John 14:6

"And that is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified, in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God."-1 Corinthians 6:11

"For if, because of one man’s trespass, death reigned through that one man, much more will those who receive the abundance of grace and the free gift of righteousness reign in life through the one man Jesus Christ."-Romans 5:17



"You call me Teacher and Lord, and you say well, for so I am. If I then, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you also ought to wash one another's feet. For I have given you an example that you should do as I have done to you."-John 13:13-15





No comments:

Post a Comment