Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Hidden in Jesus


For I will forgive their wickedness and will remember their sins no more.-Hebrews 8:12



Ever wonder how God does this? How does He remember our sins no more? A lot of people's sins are written down in His Word. And I am thankful, because it makes me feel better about me. Sometimes I think our lives appear so sanitized that people who don't know Him, or new Believers think they can never attain. But in 1 Corinthians 6 Paul lists a lot of stuff that people living in sin do, and then He says this:

And that is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified, in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.-1 Corinthians 6:11

The writer of Hebrews in Chapter 11 list a lot of people we find in the Old Testament, but there is something very interesting about this list, none of their sins are mentioned, only their accomplishments through faith in God.

So, to go back to my question, how does God do this? How does God remember our sins no more? How does He look at us and see only our faith accomplishments?

I believe we find our answer in Colossians 3:3. It says,

For you died to this life, and your real life is hidden with Christ in God.

The old me is gone. All that the Father sees is Jesus. My life is hidden in Him, eternally.



Many blessings as you learn to see all you are in Him,
Beth

1 comment: