Sunday, July 30, 2017

He Knows How to Speak Comfort to Our Hearts



Once when I was working at Ryan’s Steakhouse in my hometown, another waitress asked me a question about something that had happened in my past.  I was horrified, but told her the truth. I was especially upset because my boyfriend also worked at the same restaurant, and I knew it was a matter of time before somebody mentioned that fact to him.  I hadn’t shared that part of my life yet.

I went into the cooler where we stored butter and other items that needed to be refrigerated.  I was upset and trying to regain my composure after being confronted with that question.  While I was still in there, the Lord spoke to me and said, “Every time somebody asks you about that, you get to tell them about me.”  That was so comforting to me.  He knows specially what to say to each one of us.  He knows our hearts and how we think.  He knows the beginning from the end.

And as I write this, I am reminded that He knows how to work out even the smallest details in our lives-where we live, where we work, who are friends are, and how to get us where we need to be. Working in that restaurant was part of my journey, and it got me to the next step. Wherever you are today, my prayer is that you will sense Him with you, comforting you, and guiding you along the way.


Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort those who are in any trouble, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God.-2 Corinthians 1:3-4

No comments:

Post a Comment