Thursday, February 19, 2015

A Time To Throw Away


"This is the day the Lord has made;
We will rejoice and be glad in it."-Psalm 118:24 (NKJV)


I have spent all day cleaning my house.  Seriously.  (Well, except for when I stopped to make homemade jello as a science/math activity for homeschool.) 


We just moved, so everything is still out of sorts.  The house we are living in now, is about 300 sq. ft., I think, less than the house we were living in, and we don't have a garage, just a little storage closet outside for outdoor type stuff.


So, this journey with minimalism continues. I continue to think this is important, getting rid of the unimportant to make room for what is really important.  It is changing my life and filtering across other areas like my walk with God, our homeschool journey, and even my health. 


I heard another scripture yesterday that has motivated me on this journey some more.  It is found in Ecclesiastes.  I will share two scriptures, just to put it in context.



"There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens...
a time to keep and a time to throw away..."
Ecclesiastes 3:1, 6b (NIV)

Now is definitely my time to throw away.  I am feeling a lot of momentum at the moment.  We lived for two months without most of our stuff.  And it was freeing.  And more comfortable.  So, now is the time to let go of some more.

I think a vision is starting to form of what I want the final picture to look like, and it is very much at the heart of what minimalism is all about.  I want only the important stuff.  A place to sleep, my Bible, educational items for the kids, the important dishes to cook with...these things are very simplistic in nature.

I look forward to what is to come and where this journey takes us.  


No comments:

Post a Comment