Friday, March 23, 2012

Being Loud




I have no trouble with the topic presented for today....LOUD.  I tend to naturally be a loud person.  I have to work on quiet.  When I was a child in elementary school, I always got in trouble for talking too much.  I was loud.  As a teenager, I became rebellious.  I was loud in personality and in appearance.  As an adult, I became quite angry and was loud.  I have no problem with this concept.  


When I rededicated my life to the Lord in my early twenties, being loud started to present a problem.  I felt like I couldn't be loud and be a Christian.  I think it is Peter who admonishes women to be gentle and meek with a quiet spirit.  I don't remember the exact wording of the scriptures, but if you research the epistles written by Peter, I am sure you will find it.  


Recently, lots of anger has resurfaced, due to a move, and things not going exactly the way I have planned.  Did you get that?   The way "I" have planned.......So, I have become loud, primarily out of frustration, and I am sure many people have heard me.


So, I will go back to this scripture of having a quiet spirit.  I will remind myself of the presence of God, and being loud is not necessary, when He is present.


Just for the record, I do believe there is a good kind of loud.  But that is a whole other subject.



No comments:

Post a Comment