Saturday, June 25, 2011

My Treasure



We had a garage sale today. Most of the big items went first, including some baby things that were extremely difficult to part with. They went in the first 30 minutes. How do you place a price tag on your memories? After about an hour, I calmed down from the panic that ensued after parting with those items, (for less than what I thought they were worth I might add.) The most important things in my life are the people that used the stuff and live in my house and are going to use more stuff. I get to cuddle them and love them and make a lot more memories with them.


Jesus said in Matthew 6:19-21 “Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.”


What kind of treasures can we store up in heaven? What kind of treasures does God store up? People.

People are God’s greatest treasure.

God gave up His Son, so that we might all be able to be stored up in Heaven.

So as the cuts I feel to my heart today keep reoccurring, I am reminding myself that my treasure is still close, and I am going to follow God’s lead in giving of myself for them always.

What is your treasure?

No comments:

Post a Comment