Monday, February 21, 2011

Where Is Your Confidence?

This morning I woke up feeling bad for several choices I made yesterday. My confidence was shaken AGAIN. Sometimes I feel like I live on this confidence roller coaster. One day I am up, the next I am down. Do you ever feel this way?

Well, this morning as I was thinking about my confidence, I realized that I had it all wrong. My confidence is not supposed to be in me, but in God. Jeremiah 17:7 says, "But blessed are those who trust in the Lord, and have made the Lord their hope and confidence." What a relief! The world has it backwards. Parents try to teach their little children to have self-confidence. But this is not right. We need to teach them to have confidence in God. If we put our hope and confidence in Him, and not in ourselves, the Bible says we will be blessed!

Now, having confidence in ourselves is not the same thing as valuing ourselves. We must remember that we are of great value. Value to who? To God. He valued us so much that He sent Jesus to remind us of our worth and value. Jesus demonstrated our value as He taught and healed people and demonstrated God's love. Jesus also demonstrated our value when He gave His life for ours. "For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only son that whoever believes in Him will not perish, but have everlasting life."


More scriptures to think on:

2 Corinthians 3:4 "Such confidence we have through Christ toward God."
Ephesians 3:12 "..in whom we have boldness and access in confidence through our faith in Him."
Matthew 10:31 "Therefore don't be afraid. You are of more value than many sparrows."
Matthew 13:46 "and having found one pearl of great value, he went and sold all whatever he had and bought it."

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Your right on target, this is what I have been thinking about lately. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete