Monday, November 22, 2010

Children Are A Gift From God

Children Are a Gift From God
Psalm 127:3-5

3-5 Don't you see that children are GOD's best gift?
the fruit of the womb his generous legacy?
Like a warrior's fistful of arrows
are the children of a vigorous youth.
Oh, how blessed are you parents,
with your quivers full of children!
Your enemies don't stand a chance against you;
you'll sweep them right off your doorstep.


Children are a gift from God. The Bible says so. They come from God and are delivered to us as a reward, a legacy, a heritage, a gift. I am a stay at home mommy and I am with my children all day long every day. They challenge me regularly. I must always remember that they are here with me by God’s divine appointment and He has a plan for them. I am just a steward. Now, we planned all four of our children. Some people don’t. That doesn’t matter. No matter how they got here, they were planned in the mind of God from the beginning of time. He just chose you as the vessel to get them here. This week as we are preparing for Thanksgiving let us remind ourselves to be thankful for the children God has placed in our life. They have a purpose and are part of His plan. Let us thank Him for the joy they bring and well as the challenges that help us as parents grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment